What is Land Surveying?
Land surveying is the art and science of creating and retracing land boundaries, based on historical records, documents, deeds, recorded instruments, physical evidence, and boundary law principles.
Land surveying involves the precise measurement of angles, distances, elevations, area and volume to established horizontal and vertical control systems for any portion of the earth’s surface.
As an ‘expert measurer’, the surveyor incorporates levels, Robotic Total Stations, GPS, and laser scanners into their daily work, performing ALTA, boundary and topographic surveys, mapping, subdivision and construction staking services.
Compass Offers Comprehensive Land Surveying Services
At Compass Surveying, our expertise goes beyond the traditional definition of surveying. Our high-performance team of survey professionals is ready and able to provide the expertise, support, personnel and resources to perform and deliver an extensive offering of services including:
- ALTA / NSPS Land Title Surveys
- Annexation Legals and Exhibits
- As-Built Surveys
- Assessment Plats
- Boundary Line Dispute Consultation
- Boundary Surveys
- Condominium Surveys
- Consolidation Plats
- Construction Surveying / Staking
- Courthouse Document Research
- Easement Grant / Vacation Documents
- Laser Scanning
- Legal Descriptions / Acreage Calculations
- Roadway Dedication / Vacation Documents
- Subdivisions / Re-Subdivisions
- Title commitment Procurement
- Topographic Surveying / Mapping
- Zoning Legals and Exhibits
Since 1983, our clients have depended on us to provide prompt, comprehensive, and accurate land surveying services. They have also trusted the results of our dependable and responsive survey services – in some cases the next day – for their project’s success.
Contact one of our expert professional land surveyors to discuss your land survey project or needs or view some of our recent projects here.
Why Choose Compass
- Over three decades of diverse land surveying experience
- Unparalleled reputation for accurate, high quality survey work
- Trusted land boundary consultant for attorneys and title companies
- Outsource partner for civil engineers
- Both public and private sector experience
- Known for meeting demanding schedules and deadlines
- Lump sum or not to exceed pricing for every project