Correctly dividing a tract of land into smaller lots means starting with an accurately surveyed parent tract and then using the most reliable tools, operated by skilled and experienced surveyors, to create accurate recorded subdivision plats that stand the test of time.
At Compass Surveying, our land boundary experts ask questions of owners, title companies and others, independently confirming information and researching historical, public and private documents to ensure the accuracy of every boundary in a subdivision.
Because our clients’ projects are located throughout the Chicago area and beyond, we confirm local subdivision regulations. We’ll obtain a copy of the current subdivision control ordinance and any other municipal or government regulations before we begin any project. All our subdivision surveys comply with:
- Municipal and jurisdictional subdivision control ordinances
- Rules for the administration of the Illinois Professional Land Surveyor Act of 1989 (1270.56 d)
- The Illinois Plat Act (765 ILCS 205/1)
At Compass, our comprehensive subdivision services include:
- Verification of local zoning and subdivision regulations
- Analysis of the title commitment
- Boundary survey of the “parent” tract
- Preliminary subdivision plat
- Coordination of the proposed subdivision with the subdivision designer
- Coordinate geometry (calculated plat)
- Final subdivision plat
- Monumentation of new lots
- Individual lot surveys
For over 20 years, we have assisted property owners with the subdivision documents needed for the sale, use and development of their most valuable asset – their land. Not only do we know the boundaries we draw are accurate, we’ll uncover any existing easements or other encumbrances on the land and help our clients resolve problems well before closing. This is their livelihood – their lifeblood – we’re dealing with, and we don’t take that lightly. Contact us today.